Kids in Transition | McKinney - Vento
- General Information: The McKinney-Vento Act ensures the education of homeless children and youth.
- Determining Eligibility: Individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and is a case by case determination.
- Point of Contact for Services: School Counselor and/or District Office McKinney-Vento Liaison.
- School of Origin: The school that the child or youth attended when permanently housed or the school in which the child or youth was last enrolled. Depending on the best interest of the student, the student may stay in the school of origin or attend the local attendance area school in the vicinity where they currently stay.
District Forms and Board Policy Information
- Housing Questionnaire
- Housing Questionnaire: Russian
- Housing Questionnaire: Spanish
- Dispute Resolution Packet (English)
- Dispute Resolution Packet (Russian)
- Dispute Resolution Packet (Spanish)
- OSPI Dispute Resolution Policy
- Policy & Procedure 3115 Homeless Students
For more information, visit the OSPI Education of Homeless Children and Youth website.
- Cold Weather Shelter Info in Snohomish County
- Family Housing Resources in Snohomish County
- List of Community Resources/Phone Numbers
- List of Free or Low Cost Medical Clinics
- List of Low Cost Dental Resources in Snohomish County
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth
- National Center for Homeless Education
- SchoolHouse Connection
- Vaccines for Children Program
- Victim Support Services
- Washington 2-1-1: Get Connected. Get Answers.