For Immediate Release
April 17, 2019
Contact: Jodi Runyon, Director of Engagement and Outreach email@example.com (360) 965-0005
Notice to Preview Instructional Math Materials for Grades 9 - 12
On May 20, 2019 the Marysville School District Board of Directors will receive a report from the District Instructional Materials and Curriculum Committee recommending adoption of the following instructional materials for grades 9-12 math content courses: Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB, College Algebra, AP Statistics, Math and Society:
· Pre-Calculus/Author: Blitzer/Publisher: Pearson
· Calculus for the AP Course/Author: Sullivan & Miranda/Publisher: Bedford, Freeman, and Worth
· Finite Mathematics with Applications/Author: Lial et al./Publisher: Pearson
· The Practice of Statistics for the AP Exam/Author: Starnes & Tabor/Publisher: Bedford, Freeman, and Worth
· A Survey of Mathematics with Applications/Author: Angel et al./Publisher: Pearson
These recommendations come following the work of our Math Adoption Committee in collaboration of teachers across our Marysville high schools. Currently, the Marysville Math Adoption Committee teachers are piloting materials for other 9-12 math courses with further updates to come on recommendations around Algebra, Geometry and Algebra 2 instructional materials.
The materials are available for public inspection at the Marysville School District Service Center, 4220 80th ST NE, Marysville, WA 98270 by appointment, now through May 17, 2019 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Please contact Tami Rice, Curriculum and Assessment Administrative Assistant at (360) 965-0018 to schedule an appointment.
Public comment on the proposed adoption is welcomed. Written comments may be addressed to: Brynn Marcum, Director of Curriculum and Assessment, 4220 80th Street NE, Marysville, WA 98270 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments will be forwarded to the Instructional Materials and Curriculum Committee, the Superintendent and the Board of Directors.