(Marysville, WA) – With just days left to gather enough school supplies for Marysville’s most at-risk children, organizers of the Stuff the Bus campaign are asking for the community’s help. Donations are still needed to help hundreds of local students.
School supplies can be dropped off through August 10 in barrels at select locations throughout Marysville, including any City of Marysville building. Financial donations can also be made online at www.bit.ly/SchoolSuppliesDonation. Supplies collected during the campaign will be distributed in August to more than 600 Marysville students. The Salvation Army, Marysville Community Food Bank and additional local partners are sponsoring the campaign, which kicked off in July.
“The outpouring from this community so far has been phenomenal,” said Major Butch Soriano of the Salvation Army. “We are still in need of school supplies to reach our goals and help as many kids as possible. We have faith the people of Marysville will make it happen.”
School supplies still needed include:
- #2 Pencils (Dixon Ticonderga Preferred)
- Ballpoint Pens (Black, Blue and Red)
- Black Fine Tip Sharpies Erasers (Pink or Pencil Cap)
- Highlighters (Yellow Preferred)
- Pencil Boxes (5x8 Preferred) or Pencil Pouches (3-Pronged Preferred)
- Pencil Sharpeners (With Lids Preferred)
- Dry Erase Markers (Low Odor and Black Preferred)
- Glue Sticks (Standard Size, Clear/White Only) and White School Glue
- 1” to 3”, 3-Ring Binders (White Preferred)
- 3-Prong Pocket Folders
- 3-Ring Subject/Binder Dividers
- Copy Paper (White)
- Graph Paper
- Composition Book
- 3x5 Index Cards
- Post-It Notes (3x3 and Yellow Preferred)
- College-Ruled Notebook Pape and Wide-Ruled Notebook Paper
- College-Ruled and Wide-Ruled Composition/Spiral Notebooks (Solid Colors Preferred)
- Crayons (Crayola, 24-Packs Preferred, *No Fluorescent or Glitter Please)
For a complete list of most-needed school supplies, donation locations, volunteer information and more, visit www.msd25.org/stuff-the-bus.